Are you prepared for your road trip in Slovenia?
Learn the rules of the road, traffic regulations and general information about driving in Slovenia here.
Driving in Slovenia and surrounding countries is a breeze - the roads are generally good, well marked and traffic outside the cities is light. But regulations on drivers are strict and you can be stung with a hefty fine if you don't follow these rules:
- Driving in Slovenia is on the right hand side of the road.
- Seat belts when driving a hire car in Slovenia are mandatory.
- All vehicles must have their headlights on day and night.
- Drivers are to carry a valid driver's licence at all times while driving, registration documents and insurance documents.
- Using mobile phones while driving is not allowed – but worry not, Nest Campers have a hands-free system, so you can stay connected.
- The highest permissible level of alcohol in the body of the is 0.05%. The limit for novice drivers (less than 2 years experience), drivers under the age of 21 and professional drivers is 0.0%. Since there are frequent tests of drivers' alcohol intoxication, it is better that you do not drink if planning on driving afterwards.
- Petrol stations and pumps on motorways are situated approximately every 30 kilometres and open 24 hours a day. There are also many petrol stations in cities and towns.
- Parking is not allowed on yellow-marked spaces, blue spaces are for short stays only and white spaces indicate paid on-street parking.
- You must be at least 12 years old to sit in the front of a car.
- 50 km/h in populated areas
- 90 km/h outside populated areas
- 110 km/h on dual carriageways
- 130 km/h on motorways
SLOVENIAN BORDERS ARE OPEN!
Slovenia is again open for tourists, how awesome is that!
We are the first country in the EU to call off the epidemic. For the latest updates on travel to Slovenia read here.
Did you know traveling with a campervan is the safest way to go around in a post-COVID world and also the most epic one?
Our campervans are thoroughly disinfected and cleaned before each drop-off.
You can book your campervan without any concerns.
If you have more questions we would gladly help you!