Daily reports and updates about the corona situation in Slovenia for safe travel
As of writing Slovenia is one of the safest countries to travel in the after-COVID world, the epidemic has officially ended and there aren’t any new confirmed cases. Yaaay!
Slovenia called off the general epidemic on May 15th, 2020, and was the first European country to declare its domestic coronavirus outbreak officially over.
Small, green, and pristine country, bordering on northern and heavily hit Italy, has fought its war with the spread of coronavirus in the best and most effective way possible and has one of the best epidemic situations in Europe.
However, there are still a few things to take into consideration when planning a trip to this wonderful country, which was recently also recognized by Forbes magazine as one of seven countries in the world that has the potential to become a major tourist destination in a post-COVID world. We absolutely agree with Forbes!
We are well aware that Slovenia is a rising star in travel and is a country you should visit as soon as you get a chance!
Key information about after corona travel in Slovenia:
- Tourists from following countries who enter Slovenia are no longer put into quarantine:
- Travelers from (among others) the UNITED KINGDOM and FRANCE have to face 14 days of quarantine when arriving in Slovenia. Please follow the official publications or ask our advice (by mail) before you depart. You can also send the Slovenian police an e-mail which will be answered within one day ([email protected]). However, travelers from the UK can rent a campervan in Slovenia and go to Croatia (transit travel), see below.
- Travelers from other countries are required to enter 14-day quarantine: Read more here.
- Nationals from across the EU are allowed to enter the country as tourists, as long as you have a confirmation of your booking.
- LATEST UPDATE about transit travel: If you are planning to travel to another country rather than Slovenia it counts as a transit if you exit Slovenia within 12 hours (no overnight stay) and there is no quarantine needed! So you can rent a campervan with us! :)
- From 10th July 2020, travelers from England can visit Croatia with no quarantine restrictions on your return, unless you have traveled through a destination which is not exempt.
For more information about post-COVID19 travel to Croatia click here.
- All tourism activities and public gatherings up to 50 people are allowed again, which includes all hotels, gyms, spas, etc. Read more here.
- Night clubs and discotheques remain closed in Slovenia. Shops will remain closed on Sundays and holidays.
- Wearing masks is mandatory in closed public spaces.
- Public transport is operating (trains, buses & taxis).
After-COVID Slovenian borders
Past few weeks Slovenian borders were slowly opening-up and making our travel plans easier. Here is the situation right now:
Italy: OPEN! (For European citizens)
Austria: OPEN! (from 4th of June)
Citizens of Austria, Slovenia, Germany, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania do not have to prove the reason for their arrival (e.g. business, economic, tourist, etc.). We recommend submitting your data in advance via the website entercroatia.mup.hr.
For citizens from other EU countries, there is no mandatory self-isolation when entering the Republic of Croatia, but you will need to have a booking confirmation. Read more about the Croatian border crossing here.
Check actual border crossing waiting times on the Slovenian Traffic Information Centre website.
According to the Slovenian Government, as of the 26th of May 2020, entry to Slovenia is allowed without restrictions and quarantine to all European tourists and citizens from the Schengen area who have booked overnight stays in Slovenia.
Ljubljana Airport: air transport to Slovenia is no longer restricted. For more information about flights read here.
Ljubljana Airport is open, with additional airlines restoring service in late June and July.
If you have any more questions you can call the Slovenian Coronavirus call center with up-to-date information at the phone number: +386 (0)1 478 75 50, operating from Monday to Friday between 8:00 and 16:00.
Haven’t answered your questions? You can read more below:
- Slovenian Government website dedicated to coronavirus
- Slovenian Tourist Board website dedicated to coronavirus
- World Health Organization website brings updates on the global situation regarding coronavirus
Fun(nier) after-COVID travel facts at a glance:
- Exit Festival in Serbia – potentially one of the only major European festivals to take place as normal this year – has confirmed this year's dates to mark its 20th anniversary. Rather than its typical July dates, this epic festival will take place from 13th to 16th August 2020 - take out your calendars and book your campervan!
Exit Festival is happening in August 2020!
- Open Kitchen Market in Ljubljana, a weekly food event (that happens every Friday on Pogačarjev Trg) and a must when visiting Slovenian capital, is back in the game!
Odprta Kuhna aka Open Kitchen is back in the game!
Author of cover photo: Tomo Jeseničnik, source: STO
SLOVENIAN BORDERS ARE OPEN!
Slovenia is again open for tourists, how awesome is that!
We are the first country in the EU to call off the epidemic. For the latest updates on travel to Slovenia read here.
Did you know traveling with a campervan is the safest way to go around in a post-COVID world and also the most epic one?
Our campervans are thoroughly disinfected and cleaned before each drop-off.
You can book your campervan without any concerns.
If you have more questions we would gladly help you!