Insurance | Nest Campers


Pogosta vprašanja


What does the insurance cover?
  • Basic Insurance plan covers for damages caused to other persons involved in a car accident (insurance AO) and insurance of the vehicle driver liable for causing of the car accident in case of bodily injury or death (AO plus). This plan offers 24/7 roadside assistance wherever in Europe (EU and Balkans) as well as unlimited kilometers. With Basic Insurance only one driver is allowed to drive a campervan, driver's age must be at least 21 years. 
  • Extended Insurance plan covers for all of the above, as well as two drivers and windows and tire damage. This insurance plan is mandatory if the driver is under 21 years old.
  • Premium Insurance plan covers for all of the above, as well as up to four different drivers and windows and tire damage. This insurance option will make sure you travel completely stress free, as your liability in case of a van damage is the lowest. 

Check every detail of our insurance packages here. If you have more questions, please contact us.

What is the security deposit? How is it paid?

The security deposit is basically the same as the liability of the campervan. This excess is the maximum amount you will have to pay in case the car suffers an accident, theft or great damage. 

The security deposit amount depends on the Insurance option and the campervan model you choose with your booking. Each campervan model has different insurance package options. 

Security deposit is paid on arrival with your credit card and a pre-authorisation hold is made. This means that security deposit will be blocked on your credit card during the road trip and can be deducted up to 14 working days after drop-off - in case of any damages, traffic violation tickets or tolls.

We do however, try to return the money back to your account as soon as possible.

Is the campervan insured?
  • Yes, Basic Insurance plan is included to every booking.
    This means that without paying any extra money you get unlimited kilometers, 24/7 roadside assistance and coverage for the damages caused to third parties. Basic insurance plan covers for only one driver.
    If the driver is younger than 21 years or has been in possession of a valid driving licence for less than 2 years, Extended or Premium insurance plan is required.
  • Extended Insurance plan is a good choice for an added protection, as it covers two drivers, as well as windows and tires and it costs only 9,90€ per day. 
  • Premium Insurance will make sure you travel completely stress-free, as it covers up to four drivers and the excess in case of a campervan damage is really low. 


Check the most suitable option for your trip here.