1. Cancellations and Refunds
- If the lessee cancels reservation more than 60 days prior to the scheduled pick-up time, the lessor is to refund 90% of the full amount of rental.
- If the lessee cancels reservation within 60 to 15 days prior to the scheduled pick-up time, the lessor is to refund 50% of the full amount of rental (cancellation fee).
- If the lessee cancels reservation within 15 days prior to the scheduled pick-up time, 100% of the reservation will be charged (no show fee).
2. Payment / Credit Card / Bank transfer
- You will be charged 50% of the full amount or the full amount of rental in order to confirm the booking. In the event your charge card is declined, you will not receive a rental confirmation.
- At the time of payment prevailing exchange rates will apply.
- If you pay via bank transfer you have 5 working days to send the payment for your booking to our bank account in order to confirm the booking. If we don't receive the payment in 5 working days, your booking will be cancelled.
- If you pay with your credit card via PayPal, you'll get a confirmation as soon as the transaction is made. PayPal charges 3.4% + €0.35 EUR for all transaction costs.
- If only deposit was paid at the time of your booking (50% of the full amount), the rest of the booking cost has to be paid the latest 14 days prior to your arrival.
- The credit card presented at a pick-up will be the card of security deposit for the rental. Credit card funds (Security Deposit) hold for any possible damages to the van, according to the Insurance Plan selected. A prepaid charge card is not accepted for this required hold.
- Upon returning the Vehicle, Nest Campers will process a release of the unused portion of the deposit to your bank's procedure in up to 20 working days.
3. Rental price
- The price includes:
- insurance for damages caused to other persons involved in a car accident (insurance AO), insurance of the vehicle driver liable for causing of the car accident in case of bodily injury or death (AO plus),
- 24/7 road assistance,
- slovenian vignette (mandatory toll for slovenian highways),
- green card (necessary international certificate of motor insurance, providing insurance coverage to the extent determined by the competent law on compulsory motor liability insurance in the visited country),
- fully functional kitchen (stove, sink, water tanks, fridge),
- kitchen kit (cutlery, pots, pans, cups, plates, knives, cutting board, washing liquid, tea towels),
- bedding kit (blankets, pillows, clean linen),
- gas cartridge (for the stove),
- unlimited kms,
- portable lamp,
- USB charger,
- brochures, travel guides, camping guides and maps.
- The Rental Price does not include:
- sleeping bags nor towels.
4. Security deposit
- The security deposit required for the booking is the same as the liability of the vehicle (paragraph 8). The security deposit amount depends on the insurance model you choose with your booking (799€, 399€ for the Basic or Extended options respectively).
- Security deposit will be blocked on your credit card during the road trip and can be deducted up to 20 days after drop-off - in case of any damages, traffic violation tickets or tolls.
- The lessor keeps the security deposit and has the right to reimbursement of costs as well as lost gains (lucrum cessans) in the following cases:
- The damage is caused intentionally or negligently;
- The damage incurred due to alcohol intoxication or under the influence of drugs or other psychoactive substances and medicine, which may, according to the instructions for use, affect driving ability;
- The lessee fails to return Vehicle on time;
- The lessee damages or loses keys or camping equpiment;
- Any and all expenses incurred by the lessor if he has to bring the Vehicle back to his premises, in the event that it has been left somewhere without supervision, without regard to condition of the Vehicle, the roads or the weather.
- The lessee bears unlimited responsibility in case the damage is caused by the unauthorized driver, excessive load and by any other prohibited ways of usage.
- Any penalties for road traffic or parking offences or those in any way correlated to the usage of the Vehicle are chargeable in full to the lessee or the driver.
- In all other cases as provided by this Agreement and the General Terms.
5. Vehicle Availability and Upgrades
- If the exact model booked is not available, Nest Campers reserve the right to provide you a similar category or better model, according to the pick-up location availability.
- In the case of unforeseen event, damaged or not roadworthy vehicle on the first day of the hire period, the parties either re-arrange the hire for another day or Nest Campers provides a full refund of amount the lessee has paid.
6. Documents / Driver´s License / Minimum Age
- At the time of pick-up, the driver must present a valid driver's license and a credit card with enough funds to cover security deposit. A prepaid charge card is not an acceptable credential.
- All drivers must have valid licenses to drive in Europe and should be older than 18 years old. All drivers must have a safe driving record.
- If the driver is younger than 21 years, 'Extended' insurance plan or higher is required.
7. Rental Duration
- Vehicles are rented on a full day basis. The pick-up and drop-off days are considered rental days, if not agreed otherwise with the lesser.
- Late pick-ups or earlier drop-off’s are customer's responsibility, and do not entitle the customer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
- Nest Campers operate 7 days per week, from 09:00 to 18:00.
- After-hours pick-ups or drop-off’s requested by the client are subject to an extra fee of 19€ (between 07.00 - 09.00 or 18.00 - 22.00) or 39€ (late night between 22.00 - 7.00).
- The customer can request for changes in pick-up time until 48 h before the pick-up time. Changes have to be confirmed by Nest Campers through email.
- Your quoted rental rate is based on the exact parameters (locations, dates and times, etc.) of your particular rental. Changing your confirmed reservation parameters could result in different rates.
- Extension of Rental Period is possible in agreement with the Owner, upon availability of the Rental Vehicle.
8. Vehicle Damage / Insurance Plans
- The Vehicle is fully insured against third party Vehicles and property damage (Basic Insurance).
- The customer will have to pay a liability in respect of any damage incurred while in possession of the Vehicle. The liability may be reduced by hiring one of Insurance plans offered:
- If the Basic Insurance is taken, the customer is responsible for a maximum liability of 799€, to cover the costs of any possible damages. This plan covers for one driver.
- If Extended Insurance is taken, the customer is responsible for a maximum liability of 399€, to cover the costs of any possible damage. This Insurance includes tire and windscreen cover, for accidental damages. This plan covers for two or more drivers.
- Excess applies per accident.
NEST CAMPERS STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT OUR CUSTOMERS TAKE EXTENDED INSURANCE OPTION FOR TRAVEL WITH COMPLETE PEACE OF MIND.
- If Vehicle’s key is not returned, 200€ will be taken from the security deposit paid. Cost of vehicle key can be added on top of the deposit if customers cause more damage than paid in deposit.
- Breakdowns caused by you or as a result of using the wrong fuel will be subject to a flat charge .
- The lessee undertakes to repay the lessor the loss of bonus, the lost gains (lucrum cessans) and all costs, incurred due to lessee’s omission of due care, negligence or failure to comply with the provisions of this General terms and conditions of rental.
- Nest Campers is not responsible for the lessee's personal property left behind or forgotten in the Vehicle.
- In case the insurance company for any reason refuses the payment, the lessee is obliged to cover the damage.
9. In case of a traffic accident
In case of a traffic accident the lessee shall:
- Immediately notify the lessor and report the accident to the police (which is competent in the state where the accident has occurred) regardless of the cause and type of the accident (traffic collision, theft, burglary of the Vehicle, damage to the Vehicle in parking lots, damages to the Vehicle by unknown person, etc.),
- Fill out the form »European Accident Statement«,
- Provide and sign a written statement of no alcohol intoxication,
- Hand over the relevant documentation, European Accident Statement and a sketch of the damages to the Vehicle to the lessor. Names and data of all persons concerned in the accident shall be stated in the accident report.
The lessor is not obligated to substitute the Vehicle with a spare Vehicle in case of defects. The lessee has the right to all benefits and compensation of his/her costs, granted by the roadside assistance provided by Sava zavarovalnica d.d.
In case the reserved Vehicle is defected or damaged to a degree that it cannot be prepared in time for the rental, the lessor is not be obligated to substitute the reserved Vehicle with a spare one. Such cases will be addressed individually in accordance with lessor’s options (repayment of the prepaid amount, rental at another rental period, etc.).
10. Returning the Vehicle
The lessee undertakes to return the Vehicle in the same condition as when collected and to return the Vehicle at the agreed time and place to the lessor:
- with an emptied container for waste water;
- with same amount of fuel as when received.
Upon delivery the Vehicle is fully inspected (equipment, mechanics, car body, the engine etc.), operation of all devices in the Vehicle is checked and the Inventory Checklist is made. All defects, missing equipment, Vehicle damage etc. are written in the Inventory Checklist. All ascertainable damage is photographed and documented. The lessee is responsible for all defects and damage that were not ascertained at the collection. If the lessee returns the Vehicle without equipment that was given to use together with the Vehicle, the lessor has the right to recover the value of the missing equipment from the lessee. Lost equipment is charged on the basis of the price list the lessee may find on the list of the received equipment (Inventory Checklist).
If the Vehicle is not returned tanked to the amount as when received, the lessee will be charged the cost of a missing quantity of fuel at the daily price list of Petrol plus 20.00€ for fixed costs.
Established damages or outstanding obligations, as provided for by the Agreement, will be charged in accordance with the tariff of the lessor’s contracted repairer, whereas the payment will be deducted from the security deposit or, in case security deposit has not been paid or in case the amount of money owed exceeds the amount of the security deposit, the payment will be made in cash at the time of returning the Vehicle.
If the Vehicle is returned uncleaned or insufficiently cleaned, the lessee will pay to the lessor:
- 30.00€ for external and internal cleaning;
The lessee undertakes to pay 150.00€ for the deep cleaning, if needed, as established at the time of returning the Vehicle.
The lessee and other passengers are strictly forbidden to smoke in any part of the Vehicle. In case of breach of the prohibition of smoking, the lessee is obligated to pay for the washing of the covers/the dry cleaning in the amount of 200.00€.
In case of force majeure, which is the reason for delayed return of the Vehicle, the lessee is obligated to immediately notify the lessor of the cause of delay and the estimated return time of the Vehicle by phone.
If the lessee fails to return the Vehicle on designated return time, he/she will reimburse the lessor for penalties for delay as well as all damages, including lost gains (lucrum cessans), caused by the delay to the lessor. If the lessee fails to return the Vehicle on designated return time, the delay up to one hour will be charged 40.00€, while each subsequent hour will be charged 65.00€.
If the Vehicle is not returned within 24 hours from the designated return time the lessee will be deemed to have misappropriated the Vehicle. The lessor has the right to notify the police and other competent authorities.
Final calculation will be sent to the customer through an email in 7 days, and if there is any money to be deducted from the deposit, it will be taken on the day when email was sent.
11. Unauthorised use of the Vehicle
The lessee undertakes to use the Vehicle solely and exclusively for tourism purposes and not in any way for activities prohibited by the law.
The lessee is prohibited from using the Vehicle:
- For commercial transportation of people and goods;
- For participation in auto racing and Vehicle testing;
- For driving and hauling other Vehicles or loads;
- If under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other medicine or substances;
- If the Vehicle is not in running order or is overloaded with passengers, luggage or goods;
- Exceeding the speed limit;
- For illicit purposes (such as customs offence);
- For transportation of highly flammable, explosive, combustible, toxic or hazardous substances and animals;
- For transportation of weapons, drugs and the like;
- For renting to sublessees;
- For driving through war zones or other endangered areas.
12. Lessee’s liability
- The lessee shall lock the Vehicle every time he/she leaves the Vehicle.
- The lessee obliges himself to have the documents and Vehicle keys always on him when leaving the Vehicle. In opposite case the insurance company will not cover the costs arising from Vehicle theft, which means the lessee has to cover all costs himself.
- The Vehicle may be operated only by the drivers stated in the Agreement.
- The lessee/driver shall obey road traffic rules and regulations.
- The lessee/driver is liable for the insurance deductible amount included in the comprehensive insurance for any potential damage, if the damage results from fault on his/her part, as well as, in respect thereof, for the lessor’s costs for the loss of bonus.
- The lessee shall provide reimbursement for damage in case the insurance company rejects a claim for any reason.
- The lessee is liable for all damages which have not arisen out of a traffic accident.
- The lessee undertakes to treat the Vehicle appropriately and with due diligence and care.
- The lessee shall be liable for all road traffic offenses and penalties. The lessee is materially and criminally responsible even after the rental period, regardless of when the notification for a driving offence/offences or penalty/penalties is received.
- The lessee shall pay attention to the indicators on the Vehicle panel. Any damage caused by the lack of care and attention of the lessee to the Vehicle’s engine (oil level, engine temperature, wrong fuel choice, battery stagnation, cooling liquids…) will remain at the lessee charge.
On May 1, 2009 a new act on changes in Hospitality and Catering Industry Act (Zakon o izmjenama Zakona o ugostiteljskoj djelatnosti) came into force in Croatia. According to this Act, camping, parking or lodging for the night outside camps or places intended for parking are violations that are punished with fine. Prohibited camping on private properties may lead to sealing the Vehicle for 60 days. Unsealing it is a violation of the law. The lessee strictly binds himself not to infringe this act. In case of infringement the lessee himself bears responsibility and covers all costs arising from the infringement, covers all expenses of the lessor’s income loss and all damage to the Vehicle caused in the time of sealing.
13. Booking Confirmation
When booking and paying the initial deposit, the customer automatically agrees with Nest Campers Terms and Conditions.
Nest Campers reserves the right to cancel the booking if:
- The driving license is not valid.
- If the lessee is not able to provide the security deposit.
- If the lessee is not able to provide the required documents .
14. Competent court
In case of non-compliance with the provisions of this Agreement or in case of any dispute, the court in Celje will have jurisdiction.